10 facts about Wales
For some reason, people usually think that Wales is far far away place and that it is hard to get there. That is why Wales has become some kind of a 'wonderland' and attracts many tourists. We can say that we do not know much about Wales. So here are some facts you have to know about this beautiful country.
1. You can see the whole country in a quite short period. It's only about 8,000 square miles. The land is full of adventures, amazing landscapes and welcoming people.
2. The capital of Wales, Cardiff, is known in Great Britain as the best place to live in. The population is about 1.3 million people. Cardiff is famous for reasonable prices on rent, good salaries and high level of life-satisfaction.
3. The country is full of history: there are 641 castles in Wales, some of them were built in the 11th century!
4. You will not find any chain hotels in Wales. Still, you can enjoy lovely B&Bs and boutique hotels.
5. The population of sheep in Wales is nearly four times higher than the number of citizens.So is you are fond of beautiful landscapes of a countryside, you can enjoy the view of adorable animals as well.
6. It is a good place for shopping. You can find anything you want, from the top 10 mattress from Chris to a large inflatable Victorian style blow up house.
7. The Wales Coast Path provides the ability to walk 750 miles of a coastline. It will take around 65 days, so get ready to improve your fitness.
8. The government that was formed in 1999 protects the landscapes of Wales. That is why Wales is famous for its beautiful national parks and outstanding natural beauty areas.
9. If you love festivals, go and see Hay Festival. It is the festival of Literature and Arts that provides a lot of fun activities for everyone.
10. Wales is welcoming surfers from all around the globe. The best season for surfing is autumn. If you want to visit one of the top 10 beaches in the world, come to Rhossili Bay on The Gower Peninsula. It is the best place in Wales to catch waves.
Barmouth Barmouth s location on the west coast of North Wales and lying between a mountain range and the sea on the mouth of the river Mawddach is arguably one of the most beautiful locations in Wales. © Crown copyright (2013) Visit Wales Colwyn Bay Colwyn Bay, Rhos-on-Sea and Old Colwyn, have plenty to offer whether you are looking for a short break or longer holiday. A wide range…
Visit one of the best beaches in the world! Rhossili Bay- Tripadvisor #9 Best Beach in World (2015) Our full day tour of the stunning Gower Peninsular with its golden sandy beaches, rugged coastline and prehistoric wonders. Your tour begins with a short visit to the newly refurbished Dylan Thomas Centre…
By far one of the most visitor-friendly and affordable destinations in Central America, Guatemala is a land of bright colours, indigenous faces and Mayan ruins. It provides a varied but always beautiful landscape of striking green countryside, erupting volcanoes, soothing, peaceful lakes – and many budget-traveller…
A road less travelled can provide you with new perspectives and experiences that will last a lifetime. With that in mind, here’s our list of UK holiday spots off the beaten track that you might not have heard of. So get your map and compass ready and let’s take the plunge into the (relatively) unknown……
hazardni hry online zdarma
SORRY CLOSED IN 2006 Welcome to Celtica, one of Wales leading visitor attractions. At Celtica you can find out more about that fighting spirit that rattled the Romans, stung the Saxons and numbed the Normans. Celtica offers an unique, informative and stimulating experience of Celtic heritage and culture. Located in Y Plas, Machynlleth (former home of the Marquess of Londonderry)…Continue Reading
Do you want to be a part of the family that makes it all happen? Fred s Yurts return for their third year, and are becoming increasingly popular with Machfesters, a One of our favourite things to do each year is pull together the music line-up for the Big Top, and this year is no exception. We re super-excited to announce the first 4 bands joining us for 2016. We ll making our first…Continue Reading