10 facts about Wales
For some reason, people usually think that Wales is far far away place and that it is hard to get there. That is why Wales has become some kind of a 'wonderland' and attracts many tourists. We can say that we do not know much about Wales. So here are some facts you have to know about this beautiful country.
1. You can see the whole country in a quite short period. It's only about 8,000 square miles. The land is full of adventures, amazing landscapes and welcoming people.
2. The capital of Wales, Cardiff, is known in Great Britain as the best place to live in. The population is about 1.3 million people. Cardiff is famous for reasonable prices on rent, good salaries and high level of life-satisfaction.
3. The country is full of history: there are 641 castles in Wales, some of them were built in the 11th century!
4. You will not find any chain hotels in Wales. Still, you can enjoy lovely B&Bs and boutique hotels.
5. The population of sheep in Wales is nearly four times higher than the number of citizens.So is you are fond of beautiful landscapes of a countryside, you can enjoy the view of adorable animals as well.
6. It is a good place for shopping. You can find anything you want, from the top 10 mattress from Chris to a large inflatable Victorian style blow up house.
7. The Wales Coast Path provides the ability to walk 750 miles of a coastline. It will take around 65 days, so get ready to improve your fitness.
8. The government that was formed in 1999 protects the landscapes of Wales. That is why Wales is famous for its beautiful national parks and outstanding natural beauty areas.
9. If you love festivals, go and see Hay Festival. It is the festival of Literature and Arts that provides a lot of fun activities for everyone.
10. Wales is welcoming surfers from all around the globe. The best season for surfing is autumn. If you want to visit one of the top 10 beaches in the world, come to Rhossili Bay on The Gower Peninsula. It is the best place in Wales to catch waves.
Plan your Devon holiday Visit Devon and you’ll find that there is more to this spectacular and diverse county than you might have thought. In addition to beautiful beaches and stunning scenery, you’ll find National Parks, rustic villages and towns, historic buildings and ruins, extreme sports and the best in food and drink. With plenty of places to stay in Devon, the most difficult…
The comedy star will act as quiz master in Rhod Gilbert’s All You Can Eat Panel Show Buffet and he will be joined by guests from the world of comedy, music and sport. The performances will take place at Aberdare Coliseum on June 30 and July 1 and at the Park and Dare Theatre in Treorchy on July 2. The…
Verona isn’t just where William Shakespeare set Romeo and Juliet—it’s also a beautiful city that offers a lot to do and see! From ancient Roman ruins (including an incredibly well-preserved arena) to a medieval castle, from stunning piazzas to historic churches, Verona is bursting with sightseeing opportunities…
buy a degree
With splendid old galleries, light-filled contemporary spaces and spectacular views to Sydney Harbour and beyond, the Art Gallery of New South Wales offers a stunning setting for your function. Whether a breakfast, dinner, cocktail party, conference or launch, we have a range of function areas and facilities…
phd stands for
We met with marine biologist and skipper Carl Davis at Beacon’s Jetty in Conwy Morfa North Wales. Today, we were going on safari to learn how to catch a lobster, but to also understand the conservation of this popular seafood entrée known as the Black Gold of the Sea. Skipper Carl has more than 20 years…
Who says you need to go far for gorgeous beaches? No one really needs an excuse to celebrate the picturesque beauty of Wales… But, with St David’s Day just around the corner (1st March), Premier Inn has left no stone unturned across the rolling hills, legendary valleys and beautiful beaches creating…
buying degrees online