10 facts about Wales
For some reason, people usually think that Wales is far far away place and that it is hard to get there. That is why Wales has become some kind of a 'wonderland' and attracts many tourists. We can say that we do not know much about Wales. So here are some facts you have to know about this beautiful country.
1. You can see the whole country in a quite short period. It's only about 8,000 square miles. The land is full of adventures, amazing landscapes and welcoming people.
2. The capital of Wales, Cardiff, is known in Great Britain as the best place to live in. The population is about 1.3 million people. Cardiff is famous for reasonable prices on rent, good salaries and high level of life-satisfaction.
3. The country is full of history: there are 641 castles in Wales, some of them were built in the 11th century!
4. You will not find any chain hotels in Wales. Still, you can enjoy lovely B&Bs and boutique hotels.
5. The population of sheep in Wales is nearly four times higher than the number of citizens.So is you are fond of beautiful landscapes of a countryside, you can enjoy the view of adorable animals as well.
6. It is a good place for shopping. You can find anything you want, from the top 10 mattress from Chris to a large inflatable Victorian style blow up house.
7. The Wales Coast Path provides the ability to walk 750 miles of a coastline. It will take around 65 days, so get ready to improve your fitness.
8. The government that was formed in 1999 protects the landscapes of Wales. That is why Wales is famous for its beautiful national parks and outstanding natural beauty areas.
9. If you love festivals, go and see Hay Festival. It is the festival of Literature and Arts that provides a lot of fun activities for everyone.
10. Wales is welcoming surfers from all around the globe. The best season for surfing is autumn. If you want to visit one of the top 10 beaches in the world, come to Rhossili Bay on The Gower Peninsula. It is the best place in Wales to catch waves.
Cardiff City are looking to strip former-owner Sam Hammam of his life presidency at the club. Hammam, who was in charge at the Welsh club from 2 to 2006, , but the Bluebirds now want to sever all links with the Lebanese businessman. The move comes despite it emerging that a recent agreement states that Hammam should be afforded the same treatment and privileges as the club owner…
Tenby is undoubtedly one of the prettiest towns you will ever have the pleasure to experience. Nestled between the rolling Pembrokeshire hills and the placid waters of Carmarthan Bay, there has been a settlement here since the 9th century. Tenby has long been a holiday destination for both the Welsh…
The Elan Valley in the heart of the Cambrian Mountains is home to the Elan Valley Reservoirs, examples of incredible engineering complimenting outstanding natural beauty. They were built to provide water for the population of industrialised Birmingham; work was begun in 1894 and opened by King Edward…
Waterfall Country is an enchanting part of the Brecon Beacons National Park and of Fforest Fawr Geopark, and the Waterfalls Centre in the village of Pontneddfechan provides a great starting point for any exploration of this beautiful area. The Centre houses an exciting interactive exhibition telling…
hazardni hry online zdarma
Barmouth Barmouth s location on the west coast of North Wales and lying between a mountain range and the sea on the mouth of the river Mawddach is arguably one of the most beautiful locations in Wales. © Crown copyright (2013) Visit Wales Colwyn Bay Colwyn Bay, Rhos-on-Sea and Old Colwyn, have plenty to offer whether you are looking for a short break or longer holiday. A wide range…Continue Reading
Visit one of the best beaches in the world! Rhossili Bay- Tripadvisor #9 Best Beach in World (2015) Our full day tour of the stunning Gower Peninsular with its golden sandy beaches, rugged coastline and prehistoric wonders. Your tour begins with a short visit to the newly refurbished Dylan Thomas Centre at Swansea to glimpse at the life of one of Wales most celebrated poets…Continue Reading