10 facts about Wales
For some reason, people usually think that Wales is far far away place and that it is hard to get there. That is why Wales has become some kind of a 'wonderland' and attracts many tourists. We can say that we do not know much about Wales. So here are some facts you have to know about this beautiful country.
1. You can see the whole country in a quite short period. It's only about 8,000 square miles. The land is full of adventures, amazing landscapes and welcoming people.
2. The capital of Wales, Cardiff, is known in Great Britain as the best place to live in. The population is about 1.3 million people. Cardiff is famous for reasonable prices on rent, good salaries and high level of life-satisfaction.
3. The country is full of history: there are 641 castles in Wales, some of them were built in the 11th century!
4. You will not find any chain hotels in Wales. Still, you can enjoy lovely B&Bs and boutique hotels.
5. The population of sheep in Wales is nearly four times higher than the number of citizens.So is you are fond of beautiful landscapes of a countryside, you can enjoy the view of adorable animals as well.
6. It is a good place for shopping. You can find anything you want, from the top 10 mattress from Chris to a large inflatable Victorian style blow up house.
7. The Wales Coast Path provides the ability to walk 750 miles of a coastline. It will take around 65 days, so get ready to improve your fitness.
8. The government that was formed in 1999 protects the landscapes of Wales. That is why Wales is famous for its beautiful national parks and outstanding natural beauty areas.
9. If you love festivals, go and see Hay Festival. It is the festival of Literature and Arts that provides a lot of fun activities for everyone.
10. Wales is welcoming surfers from all around the globe. The best season for surfing is autumn. If you want to visit one of the top 10 beaches in the world, come to Rhossili Bay on The Gower Peninsula. It is the best place in Wales to catch waves.
Saturday 28 November - Saturday 5 December It’s back! After a smash hit of a first year, with over 2, audience members and a host of sell-out shows, the UK Jewish Comedy Festival returns. Book two or more different UK Jewish Comedy Festival events at the same time and receive 20% off the total price! (Excludes Industry Day) Click here to select the shows you wish to attend. Unfortunately…
Simon Brooks bemoans the centralisation of Wales in Cardiff. I like Cardiff. I lived there for five years. I like its people, its way of life, its restaurants and its bars. I too was excited when the Danish Bakery opened its doors in Pontcanna. I used to be a card-carrying member of the Cameo Club. When…
We ve got everything you need for a great day on the trails. Our sites have excellent bike shops and superb facilities. We ve got over 2500km of trails (and countless forest roads), from tough red and black graded trails to bike skills parks. Mountain biking sites Whinlatter puts the mountain back into…
SLEEPS UP TO 10, 5 BEDROOMS FROM £37.50 PER PERSON PER NIGHT Hidden away in Mid Wales you will find our B&B in Newtown, The Forest Country House B&B is in the beautiful Vale of Kerry, The Forest Country House offers five star luxury B&B accommodation in 5 charming en suite rooms. 6 BEDROOMS The Usk Inn has been transformed from an ordinary village pub into…Continue Reading
Llanidloes is certainly one of the prettiest towns in mid wales, unlike Newtown or Welshpool it was never a market town and these days it revels in a slightly slower pace of life that stems from a respect for its cultural rather than its economic history. The nearby village of Llandinam however is principally remembered as the home of David Davies, the 19th century industrialist…Continue Reading
Cardiff City are looking to strip former-owner Sam Hammam of his life presidency at the club. Hammam, who was in charge at the Welsh club from 2 to 2006, , but the Bluebirds now want to sever all links with the Lebanese businessman. The move comes despite it emerging that a recent agreement states that Hammam should be afforded the same treatment and privileges as the club owner…Continue Reading