10 facts about Wales
For some reason, people usually think that Wales is far far away place and that it is hard to get there. That is why Wales has become some kind of a 'wonderland' and attracts many tourists. We can say that we do not know much about Wales. So here are some facts you have to know about this beautiful country.
1. You can see the whole country in a quite short period. It's only about 8,000 square miles. The land is full of adventures, amazing landscapes and welcoming people.
2. The capital of Wales, Cardiff, is known in Great Britain as the best place to live in. The population is about 1.3 million people. Cardiff is famous for reasonable prices on rent, good salaries and high level of life-satisfaction.
3. The country is full of history: there are 641 castles in Wales, some of them were built in the 11th century!
4. You will not find any chain hotels in Wales. Still, you can enjoy lovely B&Bs and boutique hotels.
5. The population of sheep in Wales is nearly four times higher than the number of citizens.So is you are fond of beautiful landscapes of a countryside, you can enjoy the view of adorable animals as well.
6. It is a good place for shopping. You can find anything you want, from the top 10 mattress from Chris to a large inflatable Victorian style blow up house.
7. The Wales Coast Path provides the ability to walk 750 miles of a coastline. It will take around 65 days, so get ready to improve your fitness.
8. The government that was formed in 1999 protects the landscapes of Wales. That is why Wales is famous for its beautiful national parks and outstanding natural beauty areas.
9. If you love festivals, go and see Hay Festival. It is the festival of Literature and Arts that provides a lot of fun activities for everyone.
10. Wales is welcoming surfers from all around the globe. The best season for surfing is autumn. If you want to visit one of the top 10 beaches in the world, come to Rhossili Bay on The Gower Peninsula. It is the best place in Wales to catch waves.
Half term doesn’t have to be about tumultuous tantrums and squabbling siblings. It’s a chance to get out of the house this October and explore some of Britain’s most popular places. We’ve uncovered the top 15 half term destinations based on last years’ bookings on Holiday Lettings – the UK’s leading holiday rental website. So, grab your rucksack, make a packed-lunch and let half…
The Osborne Family Spectacle of Dancing Lights are back for 2015! This is great news as there were previously doubts due to the overhaul about to start in late-2015 or early-2016 at Disney’s Hollywood Studios. Unfortunately, Disney has confirmed that 2015 is the last year for the Osborne Lights, with…
Mountain grandeur, pastoral peace, wide beaches, a country of legend We’ll start our tour of Wales 3, 650 feet up – on the summit of Mount Snowdon. It dominates the stunning Snowdonia National Park, which stretches from Llanberis, in the north, to the Dovey estuary, on Cardigan Bay. From here you can…
Cheap golf grips
Several of Wales’ top attractions will be closed over the Bank Holiday weekend because of strikes by National Museum staff. Big Pit National Coal Museum in Blaenavon will be closed on Saturday, Sunday and Monday and the National Waterfront Museum in Swansea, the National Slate Museum in Llanberis and…
hazardni hry online zdarma
Travel If you’re coming by train during an Open Day or Applicant Visiting Day, there will be shuttle buses waiting for you at the train station to bring you to campus. If you’re visiting during other events, there are a number of bus services regularly traveling to Penglais Campus. Alternatively, adjacent…
Find your ideal getaway From epic peaks and endless valleys to craggy cliffs and wild, windswept moorland, Wales is a country of many landscapes. And with, you can explore them all. Welsh Country Cottages offers more than 250 vacation properties in the very best areas of Wales. Dip into rock pools and…