Contact the Centre
The National Park Visitor Centre
You'll always find a warm welcome at the National Park Visitor Centre, often referred to locally as the Mountain Centre. A team of friendly and knowledgeable Information Officers are on hand 364 days a year to help you make the most of your visit to the National Park.
You can fuel yourself for the day at the Tea Rooms which offer full breakfast, lunch and snack menus, along with a great range of tempting cakes and desserts. The Tea Rooms are licensed, so you can also relax and unwind afer a rewarding day in the hills with a local beer or wine. There is a full range of teas, coffees and soft drinks too, to quench that well earnt thirst.
The shop is also well worth a visit. It stocks those all important maps and guides, along with a number of essential items that will help make your day go smoothly.
The Centre stocks a range of gifts and souvenirs, many of which are made by local arts and crafts producers from within the National Park. It is also famous for its range of books on local history and culture, for those who want to know more about what makes the Brecon Beacons such a special place.
There is an informative exhibition area as well which will help you to understand more about the National Park and the Geopark. We also have an outdoor play area with a fabulous view of Pen Y Fan.
Services and Features
- Information Officers available 364 days a year
- Toilets, including disabled toilets and baby-changing facilities
- Shop stocking maps guides and other essential items
- Range of locally produced gifts and crafts
- Informative exhibition area
- Tea Rooms for all your food and drink needs
- Small indoor children's play area inside the Tea rooms
- New wooden external play area (2014)
- Large lawn area, ideal for eating, drinking and playing
- One of the Best Views of Pen y Fan around.
- Pay and Display car park
- Dogs welcome on leads
- Disabled Access
When To Visit Us
Spring (March - June) 9.30am - 5.00pm
Summer (July - Aug) 9.30am - 5.00pm
Autumn (Sept - Oct) 9.30am - 5.00pmWinter (Nov - Feb) 9.30am - 4.00pm
Tea RoomsSpring (March - June) 9.30am - 5.00pm
Summer (July - Aug) 9.30am - 5.30pm